NO TITLE > ONLY BILL OF SALE
Found in a barn in Hartford, CT where it was stored for over 30 years. Complete car, minimal rust in typical spots, but not terrible. A wonderful candidate for restoration as this is a numbers matching car.
Engine is free, compression is good, and motor spins while engaged in all gears. Brakes are shot, but it rolls and steers like a freakin' champ! Interior clearly needs help, but all manageable stuff. Actually cleaned up fairly nice. Floors are in decent shape, with small spots of rust. Again, nothing that would prevent you from getting her going and running as is. Everything is or can be serviceable in its current state. It really is very solid all around. I have the original top frame and really bad canvas.
My plan was to get it running, driving and stopping in its current state and run it like that while making little improvements along the way to eventually a nicely modified LeMans style racer (pic attached for inspiration!).
Possible delivery within 150 miles of 06824
On Jan-11-18 at 08:26:08 PST, seller added the following information:
<<< FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS ONLY >>>
I have been asked several times about the title situation for international buyers due to complications with customs.
Please read below, the series of events that lead to a successful sale of an untitled
Lotus Esprit which I sold and subsequently shipped to a buyer in Scotland.
1. Winning bidder sends deposit fed-ex (bank / certified check only)
2. I obtain a vin verification # from a local certified DMV inspection station
3. I register the car in my name (temporarily) with DMV
4. I send both of these documents to the buyer digitally and fed-ex
5. Buyer wire transfers or sends another certified or bank check for the balance of funds upon receipt of documents
6. Buyer arranges shipment only after funds have cleared in my account
For Scotland, these two documents - the VIN verification and the active registration, was sufficient documentation required for customs - FOR SCOTLAND
I cannot speak for the policies of other countries, nor can I guarantee that this system will work in Scotland again because I do not keep up with international customs policies. This was just to provide an option to those of you who are international buyers who may not know that this "COULD" be a viable option. You will have to verify that with your local importing laws, etc.
I hope this helped! Happy bidding!
On Jan-11-18 at 08:33:59 PST, seller added the following information:
<<< BUYERS WITHIN THESE UNITED STATES >>>
1. Winning bidder sends deposit fed-ex (bank / certified check only) within 3 days
2. I send a notarized signed bill of sale within 3 days to the buyer
5. Buyer sends another certified or bank check for the balance of funds upon receipt of BOS
- I also us VENMO, this may be an option for fund transfer if you are familiar with it.
6. Buyer arranges shipment only after funds have cleared in my account. Most likely the day that the final check arrives.
On Jan-14-18 at 18:37:01 PST, seller added the following information:
New Pictures Added Today!